- Let’s Chat D2C: Shopify continues to go after the Enterprise market. This time with Commerce Components.
- What I’m Thinking about this Week: Community - every brand thinks they have it, but in reality, almost no one really does.
- The D2Z Podcast: This is one you do not want to miss! I learned SO MUCH about expanding your brand into the international market during my sit down with Richie Jones, Founder & CEO at vvast.
- App Highlight - Jebbit: A robust quiz-building platform that we use to guide the buying decision-making process while aggregating relevant zero-party data to feed our segmentation and personalization strategy in Klaviyo.
- Book of the Week - I need recommendations! Let me know if you have any good suggestions.
- Upcoming Events: I’ll be at NRF in New York next Sunday to Tuesday, Napa/Concord Tuesday and Wednesday for DTC Wine Symposium, and San Francisco Thursday! Let me know if you are around and want to connect!
Random tip: It’s one thing to ask your team for feedback. It’s another to take it and put it into actionable next steps.
Let's Chat D2C: Shopify Commerce Components
Shopify Makes More Inroads into the Enterprise Market
As stated by Shopify, “Enterprise retailers can now build with the same components Shopify uses to power 10% of all US ecommerce - including the world’s best-converting checkout and fastest storefronts.”
So How does it Work?
Shopify Components allows merchants to pick and choose from a library of more than 30 modular components that integrate with their existing third-party services.
It’s obvious how heavily Shopify is leaning into Shop Pay based on its messaging. It’s front and center on the Commerce Components landing page, which will be a huge selling point for enterprise merchants. Think of your checkout experience with massive brands like Lululemon, Allsaints, or Nike… it’s not great. It’s a multi-step process that inherently has friction and causes customers to not convert.
Almost all of my BFCM purchases came on sites using Shop Pay. One-click to buy made my shopping experience seamless and probably more expensive than it would’ve been otherwise! :)
No more API rate limits
The launch of commerce components comes with unthrottled APIs. Now merchants won’t have to worry about API rate limits as they scale their business.
Shopify Agency Partners… or Not?
So much of Shopify’s growth has come from the rapid pace at which its ecosystem builds and then supports itself - both the technology and service partners. Shopify Plus Partners are the backbone of Shopify, but for enterprise merchants, more is needed. It’ll be interesting to see if these new Shopify offerings take away from any agency business or if they’ll be more of an augmentation:
- Dedicated account team: Manage your migration and implementation with a dedicated Shopify account team.
- 24/7/365 technical support: Get help whenever you need it from their team of 3,500+ support experts distributed around the world.
- Shopify Professional Services: Merchants will now access designers and developers from Shopify Professional Services to solve complex problems beyond base platform functionality.
Components by Category
Build custom storefronts using your preferred framework and hosting provider.
- Headless API
- Headless SDK
- Low-code storefronts
- Headless hosting
- Storefront search
Cart and checkout
Increase revenue with an extensible cart and checkout.
- Checkout platform
- Payments platform
- Tax platform
- Fraud protection
Providing all of the ecommerce essentials to power your business.
- Product Catalog
- Custom data models
- Cross-border selling
- Customer data
- Functions extensbility
Data and Compliance
Customer data and insights are at your fingertips with the compliance needed to main privacy and security.
- Data analysis
- Marketing Insights
- Card data and vaulting
- Security and Compliance
Shipping and logistics
Order logistics don’t have to be a headache.
- Order management
- Shipping Labels API
Your customers are shopping on your ecommerce storefront, social channels, in-person, and more.
- Point of sale
- Social commerce
- Chat and support
What I’m Thinking About This Week: Community
It feels like many brands like to talk about how they’ve built a “community” around their brand, but in reality, I think most brands are way overestimating. I don’t think it’s their fault, either. The software currently in the market just doesn’t cut it.
I’m working with a technology partner who’s releasing an AWESOME community product in the second half of this year that will be integrated with the ecommerce experience. It’s going to be a huge point of emphasis for Electriq to create community spaces for all of our brands.
Stay tuned for more on this! And if you’re interested in being a part of the beta, let me know.
This Week's The D2Z Podcast
#42 – Being a 360 Service for Brands, Expanding into the European Market, Navigating Cultural Nuances, and More
🎧Listen Now 🎧
In this week’s episode, I sat down with Richie Jones, Founder & CEO of vvast, a company that helps lifestyle, retail, and action sports brands enter the EMEA market with a comprehensive GTM playbook. Specifically, we explored the following:
💰 The vast DTC marketing playbook that helps brands scale globally
📲 The differences and similarities between the North American and European markets
😎 How to focus on localization when expanding geographically🚀 Leveraging cultural context, linguistic nuances, and translation to reach and connect with consumers in smart and innovative ways in new markets
App Highlight - Jebbit
Jebbit is one of the best zero-party data tools in our Electriq tech stack! It really allows us to build out robust customer profiles in Klaviyo that feeds into our segmentation and personalization strategy.
❓What is It: Creative SAAS solution enables brands to collect zero-party data, inform marketing flows better, drive improved personalization, and fuel improved ad efficiencies. The results are increased conversion rates, AOV, LTV, reduced conversion costs, and lower bounce rates.
🏅Differentiator: URL based, which makes it an omnichannel solution. Self-serve SaaS platform that lets brands and agencies create ‘‘experiences’ (i.e., product finders, shoppable look-books, trivia, personality quizzes, etc.) across all touch points of the consumer journey. Jebbit offers standard templates, enabling brands to up-load their fonts and logos and create custom experiences from scratch. The Jebbit platform also automatically creates tracking URLs for key channels - paid display, owned web, large social platforms like Pinterest, Facebook, TikTok, Snap, Twitter, and Instagram, and search, email and SMS. Jebbit has more integrations than any other platform, and all data collected can be leveraged within major tech platforms such as Klaviyo, Attentive, Salesforce, Adobe, and Braze, to name a few. The platform is no-code; Jebbit does not own any data; it is THE trusted quiz platform of partners like Publicis, Nestle, L’Oreal, E.L.F. cosmetics, Express, and more. Jebbit seamlessly revolutionizes pre, intra, and post-purchase personalization.
💰Starting Price: SAAS pricing model dependent on usage
🚀How we use it: at all touchpoints, you want to capture more leads, better understand your consumers, and pixel for ad retargeting.
- Implement Jebbit experiences in your email / SMS campaigns, owned web, QR codes, social channels, paid media, etc., to capture zero-party data.
- Use that zero-party data to fuel and inform hyper-personalized marketing flows, optimize advertising and marketing campaigns, and drive improved business results.
Book of the Week - I Need Recommendations!
If you have any good book suggestions, I’d love to get any recommendations! :)
I’ll be at NRF in New York next Sunday to Tuesday, Napa/Concord Tuesday and Wednesday for DTC Wine Symposium, and San Francisco Thursday! Let me know if you are around and want to connect!
Share with a Friend!
If you're finding value in this newsletter, share it with a friend, and they can sign up here!