Reply BUY to purchase...
- Let’s Chat D2C: Increasing AOV at every stage of the customer journey with Rebuy.
- What I’m Thinking about this Week: Text to buy is coming.
- The D2Z Podcast: We chat about the $100K contest Electriq helped Wine Insiders create, some of the goals we have for it, and how to build community engagement.
- App Highlight - Gorgias: Stop thinking of customer service as a cost center! Shopify's #1 customer service platform can help you drive additional revenue, improve retention, and increase LTV.
Let's Chat D2C - Increasing AOVIncreasing AOV is extremely important, whether it’s a customer’s first order or tenth. In fact, the higher your first order AOV is, typically, the greater your customer’s lifetime value will be.
Add to Cart Pop-up
Slide out Cart (Rebuy’s Smart Cart)
- Include a free gift with purchase or free shipping threshold bar/messaging at the top
- Showcase recommended products that the customer “may also like”
- Give customers the ability to upgrade their product to subscription
Post-Purchase 1-Click Cross-Sells and Upsells
What I’m Thinking About This Week - Text-to-buy with Shop Pay is Coming!
Text-to-buy has been an SMS feature I’ve been chomping at the bits to get to implement for our clients, but until this recent announcement, it hasn’t been possible with Shopify.
In the past, we’ve only been able to leverage text-to-buy with subscription customers whose credit cards are tokenized in Recharge. With RechargeSMS, we can send them a text before their next subscription order is placed, asking if they’d like to add a product to their order. We typically surface 2-4 options; the customer can reply via text about which item they’d like to add.
Now, text-to-buy with Shop Pay will allow us to send marketing offers via our traditional SMS platforms (i.e., Klaviyo and Attentive) that ShopPay customers can purchase simply by replying BUY.
If you haven’t already, sign up for the Klaviyo waitlist here and the Attentive waitlist here.
Where will this be applicable?
- Welcome Flow: For brands with hero SKUs, sending a text-to-buy prompt in your SMS welcome flow could be a great way to increase conversion rate.
- Browse Abandonment: Send a text-to-buy prompt for the product your visitor just abandoned.
- Abandoned Cart: It’s unclear if this will be possible, but it would be amazing if you could send a text-to-buy prompt to purchase the entire cart versus just one individual product.
- Back in Stock: Aggregate a waitlist for your out-of-stock product and increase conversion rate by sending a back-in stock-text with a text-to-buy prompt.
- Replenishment: Consumable products will specifically benefit from this feature, and I think it will cause less reliance on forcing customers into subscription programs. Simple texts such as “Hey John, are you out of your last order yet? Reply BUY to restock.”
- One-time Campaigns: Experiment with sending a text-to-buy promotional campaign versus driving your SMS list to the website.
This Week's The D2Z Podcast
#25 - $100K Ultimate Wine Insiders Contest and Building Community
🎧 Listen Now 🎧
On this week’s episode, I sat down with Louis Amoroso, President of Wine Insiders, one of the largest DTC wine companies in the US. We chat about the $100K contest Electriq helped Wine Insiders create, some of the goals we have for it, and how to build community engagement.
Specifically, we explored:
💰 The $100K Contest to travel around the world tasting wine
📲 How to drive sign-ups and the results we’re aiming for
😎 Building community engagement
🚀And how you can participate in the contest!
App Highlight - Gorgias
❓ What is It: E-commerce Customer Service Platform
🏅 Differentiator: Gorgias is a customer service platform that allows you to automate frequent tickets, drive sales through the chat functionality, and unify all customer communications. With the many Shopify app integrations available, it allows for a 360-degree view of the customer needing support.
💰Starting Price: $60/month
🚀How we use it: For everything customer service!
- Live chat on site
- All customer service interactions (Facebook/Instagram, emails, SMS messages, etc.)
- Set up rules to automate the customer service process
- Create pre-made macros to streamline customer service responses
- Track revenue from customer interactions
I'm back in Miami so let me know if you're around and want to get together!