Product Filtering and BFCM!
- Let’s Chat D2C - Product filtering and search are significantly improved on Shopify 2.0. Ensure you’re leveraging product filtering to get your site visitors to relevant products as quickly as possible!
- What I’m Thinking about this Week - BFCM is almost here! If you haven’t already, align on your offer(s), what your rollout strategy will be, and start building your SMS list now!
- The D2Z Podcast: I chat entrepreneurship, entering the e-commerce industry, and being a Gen Z business leader with the Founder and CEO of Because Intelligence, a product page content automation platform.
- App Highlight - Klaviyo: Shopify’s leading Email/SMS/Push Marketing tool and CDP is our hub for all things customer segmentation and personalization. There’s too much to unpack here, so I put together a video of all the flows you absolutely need to have in your Klaviyo account. You can watch the video here!
SMS Tip: I made my Attentive course publicly available here with over 63 lessons and 4 hours of content to make you an SMS marketing expert!
Let's Chat D2C - Product Filtering & Sorting
Help your visitors get to what they want
With Shopify 2.0, the search and filtering functionality has been drastically improved for Shopify merchants. Today, I want to focus on filtering and how that can help streamline the customer experience.
- Price Range
- Type of Product
- Best For
SortingOnce your customers filter down to the products that they are looking for, allow them to sort by
- Avg. Customer Rating
- Price, Low to High
- Price, High to Low
- Best Selling
What I'm Thinking About This Week - BFCM is just around the corner!
It’s crazy that it’s almost that time of the year again, but BFCM is only ~12 weeks away, and it’s not too early to start strategizing your plan (if you haven’t already!).
Make sure you know what offer(s) you will promote during BFCM! Here are a few types/ideas to get you started:
- Sitewide % off
- Free gift with purchase
- Free gift card with purchase (Restrict the gift card redemption period to 2023 - this is a great way to get customers back to your site after the holiday craze)
- Bundled offers
- You can also experiment with running a different offer each day over a 4, 5, or even 7-day period
Pro-tip: Focus on AOV increasing offer structures. You can run a promotion such as “35% off sitewide if you spend $200 or more.”
BFCM Promotional Strategy
What are the ways you will capture attention and get visitors to your site when every other brand in the world is running some sort of a promotion?
- Direct Mail
This is typically the time you want to throw the kitchen sink!
Build your SMS List
One of the biggest hacks we’ve discovered over the past couple of years is building up your SMS list in anticipation of BFCM. This is far and away the best communication channel to ensure you are getting your offer seen.
Give your SMS list early access to all deals. You can use this to incentivize list signup in the weeks and months leading up to BFCM as well.
Lapsed and Never Purchased
BFCM is a great time to target your lapsed customers and contacts on your list who have never purchased. Use this as an opportunity to tailor the messaging you send to them, so it’s more relevant.
This Week's The D2Z Podcast
#24 - Gen Z Entrepreneurship and Product Page Personalization
🎧 Listen Now 🎧
In this week’s episode, I sat down with Ashland Stansbury, Founder, and CEO of Because Intelligence, a product page content automation platform. We chatted about entrepreneurship, entering the e-commerce industry, and being a Gen Z business leader.
Specifically, we explored:
👨💻 The importance of the product page to improve the customer journey
📲 The difficulties around personalization and customization of product pages at scale
😎 Pricing strategies in the Shopify ecosystem and how to balance business needs and customer expectations
🚀And some closing advice for entrepreneurs!
App Highlight - Klaviyo
❓What is It: Shopify’s leading Email/SMS/Push Marketing tool and CDP.
🏅Differentiator: Email has been the foundation for DTC companies for as long as we can remember. SMS, on the other hand, has recently exploded in popularity. Today, for the highest level of return on your marketing (apart from having a specialist behind these), you need to make sure that your email and SMS marketing are working together. Klaviyo allows for both, providing a cohesive view of all your communication touchpoints and streamlined data analysis. You are also able to create sophisticated flows across both channels. Klaviyo also has more app integrations, I’d argue, than anyone else in the ecommerce space, ensuring that you can pass data from other platforms to enhance your email/SMS marketing.
💰Starting Price: Based on # of contacts, use their pricing calculator here.
🚀How we use it: For everything related to email & SMS marketing and as an aggregator of all data we have on a customer. There’s too much to unpack here so I put together a video of all the flows you absolutely need to have in your Klaviyo account. You can watch the video here!
I'm now in LA until 8/27 - let me know if you're around and want to get together!