- Let’s Chat D2C: Shopify’s One-page checkout is here to reduce friction and increase conversion rate!
- What I’m Thinking about this Week: Rebuy is the missing tool for Shopify merchants looking to impact the customer journey holistically: Pre-purchase, during checkout, and post-purchase. Check out how I use it across all of our clients with this in-depth guide.
- The D2Z Podcast: DTC Industry Trends, Navigating Technology Partner Overlap, and Customer Retention with Okendo’s Adena Merabi.
- App Highlight - Gorgias: The #1 Customer Service platform for Shopify.
- Upcoming Events: Private Dodger Stadium Suite with Recharge on June 13 in LA, DTCxRetain June 14-15 in LA, where I’ll host a retention marketing breakout session (use code ELECTRIQBRAND for a free ticket), and a Transactional Email & SMS Master Class on June 28th with Malomo, where I’ll dive into how Electriq creates personalized transactional journeys that improve retention and increase LTV.
Random tip: Many Shopify apps have started releasing additional product offerings. Look at your tech stack and see if you have overlap and opportunities for consolidation.
Let’s Chat D2C - Shopify’s One-page Checkout
In with the new and out with the old, Shopify’s three-page checkout just got a major facelift, reduced down to a one-page experience that’s shorter, faster, and friction-free.
If you’ve been a reader of this newsletter for a while, you should’ve already signed up for your store for early access a few months ago, but if you’re new to this newsletter, just scroll to the bottom of this page and enter your email!
Whether you use the three-page or one-page checkout, I still HIGHLY recommend taking advantage of Shop Pay. It’s the world’s highest-converting checkout, after all.
The Benefits of a One-page Checkout
Fewer steps and less friction are the hallmarks of a great checkout experience. Many Shopify brands I work with used to leverage an app to have a one-page checkout, but Shopify pulled support for it last year, leaving a lot of merchants scrambling to figure out an alternative solution. Most who had to revert to a three-page checkout experience experienced a substantial decline in conversion rate.
What I’m Thinking About This Week: Rebuy is the Tool Every Shopify Brand Needs
ICYMI, I presented my masterclass last week on how Electriq uses Rebuy Engine across the entire customer journey for all our clients! From pre-purchase to checkout to post-purchase, we leverage Rebuy to increase conversion rate and AOV, improve retention, and increase LTV. 💸
Built on the foundation of data sources where we can build sophisticated rulesets with multiple OR and AND conditional statements, Rebuy truly is a powerhouse for personalizing the entire customer experience! 😎
🛒 Smart Cart leveraging cross-sells, upgrade to a subscription with Recharge CTAs, free-shipping and gift-with-purchase thresholds, and buy more, save more.
🖥 Product page optimizations, including upsell and cross-sell pop-ups, carousels, and dynamic bundles, complete the look and product add-ons!
🔗 Smart links with discounts and custom banner messaging to add to blog posts, links in bio, email & SMS campaigns, and more.
💳 Checkout optimizations, including in-checkout cross-sells and post-purchase offers.
🔁 Retention tactics, including reorder landing pages.
This Week’s The D2Z Podcast
#62 – DTC Industry Trends, Navigating Technology Overlap, and Customer Retention
🎧Listen Now 🎧
In this week’s episode, I sat down with Adena Merabi, Partnerships Manager at Okendo, a leading customer reviews and survey platform. Specifically, we explored the following:
💰 How Okendo is addressing customer acquisition challenges for brands
📲 The additional product lines Okendo is developing as a part of its zero-party data platform play
😎 The importance of tech bundling but not at the expense of quality
🚀 How agencies contribute to the success of e-commerce brands but also technology providers
App Highlight - Gorgias
Gorgias is my go-to for every single client’s customer service platform, giving me visibility into how much revenue we can drive from this channel.
❓ What is It: Customer Service Platform
🏅 Differentiator: Gorgias is a customer service platform that allows you to automate frequent tickets, drive sales through the chat functionality, and unify all customer communications. With its many Shopify app integrations available, it allows for a 360-degree view of the customer needing support. With quick response times, reduced ticket issues, and enhanced agent productivity, you can improve satisfaction, generate more revenue, and propel business growth.
💰 Starting Price: $60/month
🚀 How we use it: Customer Service
- Live Chat on-site, including proactive chat campaigns to help guide the customer journey to purchase and increase conversion rate.
- All customer service interactions (Facebook/Instagram, emails, SMS messages, etc.).
- Set up rules to automate the customer service process.
- Create pre-made macros to streamline customer service responses.
- A complete 360 view of a customer and their historical interaction with a brand for our customer service team.
We’ll launch an exclusive Electriq service in partnership with Gorgias soon to help brands drive more revenue through their CS channel, so stay tuned for updates on that!
A LOT is coming up, both virtual and in-person!
- Private Dodger Stadium Suite with Recharge on June 13 in LA. There is extremely limited space for merchants, so RSVP ASAP if you’d like to attend, but no guarantees that we’ll be able to accommodate you.
- DTCxRetain June 14-15 in LA, where I’ll host a retention marketing breakout session. If you’re a brand, use the code ELECTRIQBRAND for a free pass!
- Transactional Email & SMS Master Class on June 28th with Malomo, where I’ll dive into how Electriq creates personalized transactional journeys that improve retention and increase LTV.
Follow Along and Share with a Friend!
Looking for daily insights like this? Follow me on Linkedin.
If you're finding value in this newsletter, share it with a friend, and they can sign up here!